Working Hard for the Money
What I'm looking for
Full time, in-house or long term retainer work with a branding, marketing or creative consultancy. The ideal company for me is one that:
- creates meaningful and expertly crafted work
- promotes mentorship and employee growth
- has a highly collaborative environment but also values individual contributions
- embraces flexible/remote work arrangements, at least part of the time
- is a values-focused company and doing good in the world! For example – regular volunteering, designing for charitable/progressive organizations, or B-corp status
- not only preaches D&I but actively practices it
Skills to pay the bills
- Brand & Identity Design
- Art Direction
- Hand Lettering
- Infographic & Icon Design
- Adobe CC
- Surface Pattern Design
- GIF creation
- HTML & CSS
Where I'm located (and where I'd move to)
I’m currently based in Portland, OR. I’d love to find a job that allows me to continue living and working from Portland, especially with a company that has an established remote/flexible work policy.
That said, I would consider relocating to New York, SF/East Bay, or (returning to) LA. International relocations aren’t out of the question, but Visa sponsorship would be necessary. I’m also open to traveling for on-site events and training, pitches, design sprints, etc.
Self-employment has been a truly fantastic growth opportunity the last few years! Being able to choose who I work with, bring on my extraordinarily talented friends for projects, and create incredible work for small businesses and independent entrepreneurs has been a genuine #blessing.
However, I find myself missing the camaraderie of being an integral member of an established team, and the mentorship possibilities that come with working in-house. I’m looking forward to being able to focus primarily on design, broadening my creative and technical skills, working on a variety of new projects, and getting out of my comfort zone more often!
What else I bring to the table
- Over eight years’ experience working with a range of companies – from multi-national PR and entertainment marketing agencies to fledgling businesses – to create strong identities and engaging experiences
- A multi-faceted designer who can write both code and copy, I have a BA in English from UC Berkeley, fluency in creating websites and frequently team up with developers, copywriters and other project stakeholders
- Someone well-versed in fast-paced startup life: post-college, I freelanced as a copywriter and social media manager at Boston tech startups
- Fluency in social media, gifs, memes, and emoji usage.
For a more detailed history of my recent work experience, you can view my resume here.